First of all, can I just say how nice it is to have a president who is clearly super excited and proud to be our president and to be out there and working to protect lives and improve things for all Americans using science and compassion? There’s my hopefulness, now back to reality. We have a lot to do, and we have to make sure and hold President Biden and his administration accountable. These are crucial times of change. It was great to see right away a bold climate and jobs agenda getting out there. On his first day in office, President Biden signed several climate- and energy-related executive orders including the following:
- Empowering American workers and businesses to lead a clean energy revolution that achieves a carbon pollution-free power sector by 2035 and puts the United States on an irreversible path to a net-zero economy by 2050
- Federal agencies should buy only carbon-free electricity and zero-pollution vehicles
- Commits to the goal of conserving at least 30 percent of our lands and oceans by 2030
- Calls for the establishment of a Civilian Climate Corps Initiative to put a new generation of Americans to work
- Creates a government-wide Justice40 Initiative with the goal of delivering 40 percent of the overall benefits of relevant federal investments to disadvantaged communities
Sounds freaking great. Let’s do this. If you want to start boning up on your climate and energy knowledge, take the Clean Energy and Jobs course. Cheers!