Short answer: For starters, intentionally work together more through trusted southern Illinois nonprofits in a concerted, win (climate) - win (economy) - win (huamanity), grassroots effort to help all southern Illinoisans prosper and to create a better future for...
Event Signup: International Biochar Initiative’s 2023 Virtual Symposium Scaling the Biochar Industry to Cool a Boiling Planet
Link to Article Abstract Chemistry needs to play a central role in achieving ‘net zero’ emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs) into the atmosphere to prevent changes to the climate that will have catastrophic impacts for humanity and for many ecosystems on the planet....
Excellent new resource! https://citizensutilityboard.salsalabs.org/solarguide/index.html
- Future Frontiers: Voluntary Carbon Offsets for Forestry Market Size Expansion StrategiesFuture Frontiers: Voluntary Carbon Offsets for Forestry Market Size Expansion Strategies
- How can we turn around our “Notorious and Never-Ending Southern Illinois Struggle to Get Ahead?”Short answer: For starters, intentionally work together more through trusted southern Illinois nonprofits in a concerted, win (climate) – win (economy) – win (huamanity), grassroots effort to help all southern Illinoisans prosper and to create a better future for upcoming generations. The Forefront State of the Sector Report: Nonprofits and Grantmaking 2021 showed that all… Read more: How can we turn around our “Notorious and Never-Ending Southern Illinois Struggle to Get Ahead?”
- Program for Schools: Illinois Green Schools Project by Illinois Green AllianceIllinois Green Schools Project
- Action Guide: Zero Waste Schools ToolkitZero Waste Schools Toolkit
- Funding for Schools: Local Foods for Schools – Illinois Stewardship AllianceNew farm-to-school funding may be available for your school!
- Directory: Buy Fresh Buy Local Illinois DirectoryFind Local Food
- Event Signup: International Biochar Initiative’s 2023 Virtual Symposium Scaling the Biochar Industry to Cool a Boiling Planethttps://hopin.com/events/international-biochar-initiative-s-2023-symposium/registration
- Link to: eBook | Evolving the Next Generation of Residential Utility Programshttps://energycentral.com/o/franklin-energy/ebook-evolving-next-generation-residential-utility-programs
- Article: Chemistry and pathways to net zero for sustainabilityLink to Article Abstract Chemistry needs to play a central role in achieving ‘net zero’ emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs) into the atmosphere to prevent changes to the climate that will have catastrophic impacts for humanity and for many ecosystems on the planet. International action to limit global warming to 1.5 °C has framed as… Read more: Article: Chemistry and pathways to net zero for sustainability
- CUB’s Solar GuideExcellent new resource! https://citizensutilityboard.salsalabs.org/solarguide/index.html
- Tesla Master Plan 3 — Doing The Right Thing Will Cost Less Than Business As Usual Approach“While the boss is off tilting at windmills in his quixotic quest to be the sole arbiter of what information all 8 billion people on Earth can or cannot access, the Tesla team has been quietly working in the background to produce one of the best researched reports on what is needed to transition to… Read more: Tesla Master Plan 3 — Doing The Right Thing Will Cost Less Than Business As Usual Approach
- Tools for Groups that want to get things done in The Climate EconomyGroups: Bring everyone together, no matter where they are or what organization they’re with. Keep all your files and group information in one place. Have discussions between meetings. Solve complicated issues in large, distributed groups. Projects: Simplify managing projects of any size, location or goal. Manage your teams even across different organizations, your tasks,… Read more: Tools for Groups that want to get things done in The Climate Economy
- Thriving Authentically: A Visualization with CirclesThe circles in the image above are not some mystical thing, they’re just a visualization that can help us find our niche towards thriving authentically. What’s thriving authentically? Living our purpose and earning a good living while nurturing human health and nature. Basically, we’re choosing to be conscious about our situation, our contributions, and our… Read more: Thriving Authentically: A Visualization with Circles
- What happened today at COP27 climate talks : NPRSource: What happened today at COP27 climate talks : NPR
- The Washington Post Climate change threatening ‘things Americans value most,’ U.S. report sayshttps://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/11/07/cop27-climate-change-report-us/
- World is on ‘highway to climate hell’, UN chief warns at Cop27 summithttps://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/nov/07/cop27-climate-summit-un-secretary-general-antonio-guterres?CMP=share_btn_link
- Community Coalition Funding OpportunityFunding The Community Clean Energy Coalition Prize will support new and existing coalitions addressing a local clean energy opportunity or environmental inequity in disadvantaged communities. Ten coalitions will receive a $30,000 cash prize and the opportunity to compete for an additional $165,000 each. This prize has an easy application process, due December 7, in which you will define… Read more: Community Coalition Funding Opportunity
- Board 2: Where would be the best place in Carbondale to locate a youth-only space?
- Board 1: What can be done to get more minorities and youth in Carbondale involved in local government?
- Sustainable Webinar Series #3 – Waste less and save money with the 3 R’s and Green PurchasingLots of great strategies from Cassie Carroll of the Illinois Green Business Association at today’s webinar! You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/WoNdBnD8fsg
- Southern Illinois Sustainble Business Webinar Series Part 2: Increasing Profit Margins by Reducing Energy and Water UseHear from Cassie Carroll from the Illinois Green Business Association talk about simple costs savings strategies for water and energy, and Larry Irwin from Leidos, who manages the Ameren Incentives Program for Industrial and Large Businesses. Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/Hegorf6zE40.
- Southern Illinois Sustainable Business Webinar Series Part 1: WHAT IS “SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS” AND WHY DOES IT MATTER?Cassie Carrol from the Illinois Green Business Association gave the first of four webinars on Thursday, Feb. 3rd about sustainable business. You can watch the video here: https://youtu.be/_NjMERkTHHE Sustainability continues to gain momentum nationwide and large corporations continue to drive innovation. Consumers are also seeking ways to not only be sustainable but want to support… Read more: Southern Illinois Sustainable Business Webinar Series Part 1: WHAT IS “SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS” AND WHY DOES IT MATTER?
- Life in The Climate EconomyThe Climate Economy Education Inc’s strategy is based on educating every individual on how they can live their passions and earn a living while nurturing human and environmental health. We call it “thriving authentically.” There are so many factets of each individual and their situation that make them shine. We want to teach every young… Read more: Life in The Climate Economy
- Looking for somewhere to donate this Giving Tuesday?The fabulous Southern Illinois Community Foundation is doing its annual GiveSI fundraiser, where donations are matched depending on how much is raised. Many awesome local nonprofits are represented, you should check it out! Here’s the page with all the nonprofits: https://sicommfdn.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/list/grant?grant_cycle_id=1000. All donations are tax deductible! If you’d like to make a donation to The… Read more: Looking for somewhere to donate this Giving Tuesday?
- Celebrating 2021, Preparing for 20222021 has been a banner year for climate and energy! Over the coming days and weeks, at The Climate Economy Education Inc we’ll be celebrating the many achievements over 2021 for energy and climate, the good they are meant to do and how you can benefit. We want to help prepare everyone for an exciting… Read more: Celebrating 2021, Preparing for 2022
- New CLEANetwork.com wiki on climate and renewable energy laws, accords and ordinancesCheck it out: https://all4.earth/docs/climate-and-renewable-energy-laws-accords-ordinances/ Join us at the weekly noon Monday meeting: Hi there, You are invited to a Zoom meeting. When: Nov 15, 2021 12:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada) Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqdeqhqzIjH9FohIUFNbYnCCHq4cHguc2d After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Learn about the new Illinois Climate and Equitable Jobs ActLink to TCE’s CEJA Toolkit on CLEANetwork.com for background info and summary details of CEJA. The Illinois Climate and Equitable Jobs act was signed into law on September 15, 2021. It took years of negotiations and give and take among hundreds of community groups across the state, government and labor organizations. The crafters of the bill… Read more: Learn about the new Illinois Climate and Equitable Jobs Act
- Iusto et aliquid sit rerum possimus sintIllo sed aspernatur non totam. Et itaque nesciunt aut qui non consequatur sequi. Ab harum quia nam tempora nam. Sunt vero quia et tempore est aperiam. Assumenda maiores et laborum. Dolores facere voluptatem alias quae. Blanditiis facere aut ut modi. Minus nobis cum vel quibusdam. Sit vitae architecto aliquam sint mollitia impedit quia consectetur. Porro… Read more: Iusto et aliquid sit rerum possimus sint
- Iusto dolores et etCulpa repellat ipsa ut et veritatis iusto accusantium neque explicabo non maiores rem facere quia ex omnis est quo nesciunt voluptas quae quo et ipsa in dolore assumenda quo vel assumenda adipisci aliquam dolor neque nihil voluptas ullam quis non repellendus sit ea consequatur nemo voluptatem quia adipisci aut et iusto nostrum. Et ut odio et rem vitae porro quasi sint enim est natus blanditiis asperiores voluptates animi placeat est sequi a vel dolores sed cumque laudantium facere quis saepe aut architecto nihil quis reprehenderit accusamus nobis possimus aspernatur ut error ipsam quam sequi ut beatae rerum aut eaque dolor quis veritatis animi non et sit. Aspernatur omnis nihil vel voluptatem deleniti voluptatem optio modi placeat odit aut eos quod est quos earum odit qui soluta eum dolorem et et cupiditate omnis rerum velit omnis officiis odit odio accusamus sint deleniti dignissimos quasi porro reprehenderit sunt nihil sit hic repellendus ratione enim voluptatem vel rerum autem.
- Eum inventore dolorem nemo alias laudantium occaecatiReiciendis perferendis perspiciatis inventore ullam ea vero minus molestias veniam autem sed quis veniam aut consequatur non rerum amet fugit animi dolores et possimus laboriosam quos placeat necessitatibus est at adipisci harum sunt aut laborum eum et optio quam culpa.
- Eveniet aut et perspiciatisVoluptatem mollitia aut quo quibusdam sint consectetur voluptate vel esse nostrum aliquid eum qui numquam nobis et sint magni nihil quos et aliquid eum ut a deleniti non sit mollitia sequi aliquid et consectetur sunt ut nemo ut quaerat et error maiores iure sapiente voluptas dolores commodi ducimus dolor non omnis ipsa accusantium similique doloribus amet est sint aliquid nulla qui inventore inventore eaque velit esse autem quis nostrum.
- Dolorem enim dignissimos sed maioresSunt dolor voluptates et nihil dolore unde totam quidem cum qui magni est et repellendus debitis ex alias laboriosam qui deleniti blanditiis id voluptate aspernatur in sed magnam est est nobis non culpa minima labore aliquam tempore quis numquam repudiandae et neque nostrum et eaque porro dolor et enim minima tempore sed.
- Non nostrum accusantium nisi et possimus quiVelit expedita occaecati voluptatem dolores odit non laborum asperiores quo commodi in quo iusto cumque rerum recusandae enim sunt omnis molestiae quis itaque minus rerum quas ex provident expedita vel alias pariatur omnis. Quos cum doloremque illum odit tenetur corporis quidem assumenda veritatis dicta amet eum labore culpa quo ut non consequatur eum quisquam numquam rerum quos non aut enim vitae cumque ex dignissimos.
- Explicabo molestias sed quae itaqueSit doloribus ut quae sed temporibus hic amet ut excepturi illum perspiciatis voluptatem laborum qui asperiores aut aut tempore voluptatem qui tempore cupiditate voluptas harum rerum repellat excepturi velit voluptatem aut ut dolore corrupti sunt est inventore maxime.
- Sit provident occaecati expedita occaecati ipsumExercitationem beatae et iusto consequatur atque quam animi quasi quia nesciunt deleniti suscipit nemo corporis quia accusantium unde vitae non maxime consequatur aliquid repellat occaecati doloribus laborum ut sit non. Ipsam adipisci architecto rem excepturi natus minima necessitatibus tenetur aliquid aut esse sapiente vel fugit officiis a ut esse quia sint exercitationem sint qui quaerat ipsum ullam odio et et quidem quo nulla qui doloremque et porro consequatur quidem ratione ab sunt aliquam quod molestias unde.
- Quia ratione nihil sit molestiaeId aut eaque earum dignissimos veniam amet. Iure iure ab sequi ad. Tenetur explicabo itaque veniam facere sint. Incidunt delectus nesciunt tenetur adipisci facere repellendus. Quasi aut ab ut sit quibusdam voluptas. Reiciendis amet perferendis et ea. Aliquam suscipit consectetur occaecati. Velit ipsum distinctio non est eos. Eligendi id qui esse. Exercitationem velit deleniti distinctio… Read more: Quia ratione nihil sit molestiae
- Quia sit iusto nihil aliquam sedSed ullam accusamus et quidem debitis molestias Fuga aut explicabo soluta quaerat et voluptate quia. Perspiciatis aliquid amet ut soluta cupiditate. Qui saepe inventore exercitationem error repellat est et voluptate. Rem rerum nulla magni maxime pariatur sunt neque. Hic recusandae et consequuntur dolores amet. Necessitatibus at explicabo minus itaque et. Consectetur recusandae qui repudiandae. Aliquam… Read more: Quia sit iusto nihil aliquam sed
- Reminder: Carbondale Community Resilience Fair SaturdayVirtual Event this Saturday Provides Education, Community Conversations, Networking and Celebration of Community Resilience and Sustainability Everyone is encouraged to attend this virtual event, to find their niche in the upside of taking action on climate change. This event, held virtually this Saturday, August 28, 1-3:30 p.m., aims to accentuate bold action on climate change—action that… Read more: Reminder: Carbondale Community Resilience Fair Saturday
- Calculate Your Degrees of Separation from Extraction – DiscussionIt’s really hard to get paid for doing a job nowadays that’s not either directly involved in unsustainable natural resource extraction or closely related to it. Obvious extraction is anything that’s digging up or cutting down natural resources in an unsustainable way. Extraction includes big ag, in that we’re altering the natural landscape so much that… Read more: Calculate Your Degrees of Separation from Extraction – Discussion
- Three Good Habits for Contributing to Purposeful ChangeIf you’re like me, you’re thinking about never reading the news again because it’s so depressing, scary and confusing. I want to help but I don’t know what to do, and everyone’s pointing fingers at everyone else. Heat waves and record high temperatures out west. More than half of animal species at risk. Climate migrants… Read more: Three Good Habits for Contributing to Purposeful Change
- Hydroponics and Local Food and Farms Events Tomorrow, April 20Don’t forget to sign up for tomorrow’s events! Hydroponics at noon, Local Food and Farms at 4:30. Free but registration is required, get registration link at https://all4.earth/events/. Please share!
- Go Solar SI! Weekly Wednesday Noon MeetingsDid you miss the “Go Solar SI” meeting last week? That’s OK! Here’s a link to the video: https://youtu.be/3jlvtD0bX5g We’ll be meeting from now on every Wednesday at noon, starting this Wednesday April 21, to keep moving solar energy installations forward in southern Illinois. To view those events and get the details, click here: https://all4.earth/events/go-solar-si-weekly-wednesday-meetings/
- Press Release: Events April 20-27 on Local Food and Farms, Hydroponics, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Biochar and Local Carbon NetworkApril Event Series Continues Efforts for “Community Opportunity Organizing” April 15, 2021, Southern Illinois – Clean energy and climate change adaptation and mitigation opportunities are the biggest moment of our time. A series of events this April and May are kicking off a concerted #AllTogetherNowSI effort to organize our communities around the efforts to bring… Read more: Press Release: Events April 20-27 on Local Food and Farms, Hydroponics, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Biochar and Local Carbon Network
- Press Release: Go Solar SI! Solar Discussion April 14April 8, 2021, Southern Illinois – Clean energy and climate change adaptation and mitigation opportunities are the biggest moment of our time. A series of events this April and May are kicking off a concerted #AllTogetherNowSI effort to organize our communities around the efforts to bring these new opportunities to the southern Illinois region, for… Read more: Press Release: Go Solar SI! Solar Discussion April 14
- April Event ScheduleLots going on in April! Check out the Earth Month event schedule.
- This President’s Day, Celebrating President Biden’s Aggressive Climate and Jobs AgendaFirst of all, can I just say how nice it is to have a president who is clearly super excited and proud to be our president and to be out there and working to protect lives and improve things for all Americans using science and compassion? There’s my hopefulness, now back to reality. We have… Read more: This President’s Day, Celebrating President Biden’s Aggressive Climate and Jobs Agenda
- Aur’s Next Solar Training Coming Up Feb 20Aur Beck’s spring solar training started January 23. If you missed it, it’s OK! The next class is Feb. 20, Saturday, 9am-3pm. It is one Saturday a month. The goal is to pass the NABCEP Associate test and do a hands on installation the last Saturday of the class. Here are links to registration for all… Read more: Aur’s Next Solar Training Coming Up Feb 20
- How We Win The Battle: By Working TogetherIn the first post of the year, I pointed out that 2021 is the battle year. It’s the turning point, the crux, the pivot, where everything changes. That’s a tough battle. How do we win? By working together. Yep, that’s right: we fight and win by working together. Every one of us. It’s the only… Read more: How We Win The Battle: By Working Together
- Happy 2021! Out with the old, in with the new.We’re all glad that’s over, right? 2020 was a hard year, especially for those who have lost loved ones to COVID-19, and we’ve still got many challenges ahead. Never before has it been more clear that if you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything. That goes for each person, family, business, community, state,… Read more: Happy 2021! Out with the old, in with the new.
- New Reports on Climate Equity and Just TransitionsThree great studies reported today related to climate equity and just transitions. You can find links to all of them on CLEANetwork Magazine at https://www.all4.earth/magazine/climate-justice-today/. Climate equity and just transitions are a key component of change in The Climate Economy. These three reports are a great way to get some knowledge about what’s happening and why… Read more: New Reports on Climate Equity and Just Transitions
- Keeping Money Local – VideosYou can watch the videos from the first two “Keeping Money Local” webinars here. Keeping Money Local #1 – The Big Picture – webinar series for southern Illinois, October 19 2020 For this webinar we’ll be learning about local self-sufficiency, what it means and how we can achieve it, and tools we can start using… Read more: Keeping Money Local – Videos
- Investment in Southern Illinois communities and people is the focus of this upcoming webinar seriesLocal organizations cooperate with the goal to increase regional long-term self-sufficiency A webinar series coming up in October-November on “Keeping Money Local” will feature experts in local self-sufficiency, supporting local businesses, new business forms and local investment strategies. Speakers and panelists from local businesses will cover topics that can benefit our region, including initiatives that… Read more: Investment in Southern Illinois communities and people is the focus of this upcoming webinar series
- Time for a Just TransitionWhat exactly are southern Illinois legislators waiting for? Ameren is switching to renewable energy and planning to close down coal plants, Vistra Energy has announced closure of all its Illinois coal plants, and the Southern Illinois Power Cooperative laid off 21 people because they’re closing a coal boiler, switching to solar and saving everyone $125… Read more: Time for a Just Transition
- Press Release for local Coal2Sol fundraiserFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 23, 2020 Contacts: Aur Beck, AES Solar, 618 893 1717, firstname.lastname@example.org; Amy McMorrow Hunter, The Climate Economy Education Inc, 618 713 2896, email@example.com Local fundraiser looks to stir up community support for free solar installations at local nonprofits Meeting crowdfunding goal of $3,000 by Oct.16 make new program eligible for more… Read more: Press Release for local Coal2Sol fundraiser
- Food Insecurities in Our CommunityArticle from Produce for the People https://www.shareable.net/produce-for-the-people-community-resilience-and-food-security/?fbclid=IwAR3rqyHP6Ogz7PvRQA8k9LZSDA1gqZUdwZWboSeBn4qCaynpDFGrXrUr1Yw
- Set Up Email NotificationsWant to get an email message sent out to you when something interesting happens on CLEANetwork? You can change the settings for email notifications by going to the profile menu by clicking on the Profile Dropdown Menu in the upper right-hand corner of the page, then scroll down to “Account” then over to “Email Preferences.”… Read more: Set Up Email Notifications
- Duis vitae arcu non nisl sodalesPellentesque quam dolor, maximus elementum tincidunt quis, rhoncus vel quam. Mauris ultricies justo quis iaculis tristique. Maecenas mauris massa, tincidunt nec elementum eget, cursus ut lacus. Aenean ut facilisis sem. Nam ultricies ipsum et odio condimentum scelerisque. Praesent ac massa sapien. Pellentesque malesuada eu metus nec posuere. Phasellus placerat nulla quis pharetra sagittis. Sed laoreet… Read more: Duis vitae arcu non nisl sodales
- Getting Oil Out of Our SystemWe are addicted to oil. It is tangled up in our lives, in everything we do, everything we use, even what we eat. But we have to stop using oil. It’s totally do-able if we look hard at how it’s tangled up in our lives, and take steps to deliberately untangle it. Here are some… Read more: Getting Oil Out of Our System
- Free Online Courses on Any TopicGet started exploring how you can brush up your skills, try out new things you “always wanted to do.” Learn to turn your ideas and passions into neat new things, businesses, or ways of helping people that are good for the climate, economy and humanity. There are literally thousands of online courses available free. Some… Read more: Free Online Courses on Any Topic
- Farmers Markets In Our SchoolsRead this on “Green Our Planet:” This year, schools are on track to run more than 200 farmers markets at their schools, most of them run by 5th graders. Many of these schools are in low income neighborhoods where there’s no fresh food for miles. So now we have 5th graders helping provide fresh produce… Read more: Farmers Markets In Our Schools
- Community SolarThere are some opportunities in Carbondale to learn about getting involved community solar, where you don’t have to invest in your own solar system: Visit Solarize Southern Illinois: http://solarizesouthernillinois.com/events/ To learn about Illinois Solar For All, a program for income-based community solar participation at a reduced rate: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ru_5Q4TPTgO1u6FMVDbUHg Please share and add additional info if you… Read more: Community Solar
- Outdoor Learning SpacesThere are lots of good reasons to get kids outside for learning. Let them get outside for some fresh air, get closer to nature, burn off some energy from being pent up inside. Now more than ever this is the case this is important, with everything that’s happening with the coronavirus. Eugene Basanta at Carbondale… Read more: Outdoor Learning Spaces
- Free Online Course @UN: Climate Change:From Learning to ActionThis course is available from the United Nations at the following link: https://unccelearn.org/course/view.php?id=48&page=overview It’s free and open to the public, you just have to set up an account to take it. Here’s some additional info from the UN climate change learning website: Think, Learn, Act Climate! The course helps you understand what climate change is,… Read more: Free Online Course @UN: Climate Change:From Learning to Action
- Free Online Course @UN: Green EconomyThis is a course offered by the United Nations at this link: https://unccelearn.org/course/view.php?id=51&page=overview You can view all the UN courses at this link: https://unccelearn.org/course/ The course is free and open to the public, but you have to register an account. A green economy results in improved human well-being and social equity, while significantly reducing environmental… Read more: Free Online Course @UN: Green Economy
- What are we doing about housing?There’s a housing eviction crisis looming on the horizon. What is happening in our communities? We already know that low-income housing in Illinois is in a state of disrepair, and has been for a long time, even as upscale neighborhoods fight against decent living conditions for their fellow Americans. This isn’t an accusation, just a… Read more: What are we doing about housing?
- Natural Climate SolutionsStudies have shown that natural climate solutions can deliver 37% of necessary greenhouse gas reductions in the near term. The Nature Conservancy has tons of insights on natural climate solutions. Check out Forest Trends’ Ecosystem Marketplace Map: Welcome to Forest Trends’ Ecosystem Markets Map, which tracks projects and initiatives to protect forests, conserve watersheds, and… Read more: Natural Climate Solutions
- Helping Communities Welcome Migrants and RefugeesAn article out today is a perfect example of what will most likely NOT be helpful to improve the situation of climate refugees and immigrants already living and working in our communities. Does anyone know of programs out there that communities or individuals are already doing or can look into to help welcome migrants and… Read more: Helping Communities Welcome Migrants and Refugees
- Local Carbon NetworkI would like to do a local carbon network at a location just south of Carbondale, out by Blue Sky Winery. A local carbon network is where we collect organic waste (agriculture, forestry), make something useful out of it and distribute it to those in the network, and sell whatever’s left over. These guys out… Read more: Local Carbon Network
- Understand and Measure Your Carbon Footprint
- Course: Getting Started on CLEANetworkClick the link under “courses” above! You get a pretty badge and 20 points upon completion.